If you put art or something creative out into the world, of course you want to see it do well.
Today I’m talking to Jared Kleinert, a returning guest, and one of the youngest people I’ve had on the show. Jared has a new book out, 3 Billion Under 30, that he is self publishing and focusing on creating a community around. Listen in to hear him talk about how to use your network to amplify your creative projects and what his creative process for writing this book was like.
I also wanted to tell you about a Nion Life Facebook group I started to build community for creatives. You can join the group and share your stories, your work, and your challenges. I also just wanted to foster a community of collaboration, to connect creatives with each other. We are still building this group, so if you join it and have ideas or suggestions, that would be awesome.
I try to go deep with people when I’m with them so that that lives past our time apart.
Some things we learn in this podcast:
- Why Jared wrote his new book [3:50]
- The benefits of self publishing a book [7:10]
- Who are the people featured in the new book [9:00]
- How to use your network to create success [11:10]
- Why Jared offers something in exchange for help with the book [15:40]
- What Jared can offer to people in his book [19:30]
- How to keep track of your network [21:00]
- How to use social media as a marketing tool [23:05]
- Why this book is a business [24:05]
- Jared’s favorite stories from the book [28:25]
- Learn more about 3 Billion Under 30 and get the book
- Listen to Jared’s last visit to Nion Radio
- Check out Tim Ferriss’ book Tools of Titans
- Learn more about Pencils of Promise
- Music Credit: Believe In Me by Nimbus DeLoud