I’m inspired by design, all aspects, which is why I love unique hotels with amazing design, culture, and epic location. These hotels rank high, because ideally I’d love to create a photoshoot at them. I’ve gotten the opportunity to shoot for Conde Nast Traveler and experience a few amazing hotels. My favorites, the Amanyara in Turks & Caicos, and Golden Eye in Jamaica pictured above.
That said, here are my top 15 dream hotels to visit one day in no particular order. The shots below are found on the internets and are not mine, as I’ve never been to them to take my own.
1. Panchoran Retreat in Bali: I love that this place is a luxury tree house built into the jungle. Looks epic.
2. Icehotel, Jukkasjärvi in Sweden: I’ve always wanted to go to an ice hotel, and this one looks pretty amazing.
3. Grand Hotel Misurina in Italy: Nestled between a beautiful lake and the vast mountains, this seems like it would make for a grand experience.
4. Hotel Kaksauttanen in Finland: I love the clear glass igloo style rooms, and the way they are laid out in the landscape. You can lay in bed and stargaze.
5. Tamimi Giraffe Manor in Nairobi: This luxury hotel looks amazing, as these beautiful animals roam through the property.
6. Amangiri Resort in Utah: I love the super modern design nestled into this vast desert landscape.
7. Ubud Hanging Gardens in Bali: Beautiful infinity pools in the jungles of Bali. Sounds like a dreamy experience to me.
8. Gamirasu Cave Hotel in Turkey: The landscape that this hotel is integrated into looks like it’s waiting for a photoshoot. The white stone is a good look.
9. Marataba Safari Lodge in South Africa: The rustic camping combined with luxury safari lodge experience seems like it would be a beautiful experience. The landscape and safari animal proximity would be awesome.
10. Tree Hotel in Sweden: Strikingly modern designed tree house rooms built into a forest. I think the UFO room would be pretty awesome.
11. Anantara, in the Golden Triangle, Thailand: The design, the landscape and elephants roaming around. Nuff said.
12. Astarte Suites Hotel in Greece: I love the sleek white Greek architecture combined with the light blue waters flowing through.
13. Montaña Mágica Lodge in Chile: This place is obviously unique, and would make for a great place to do some photoshooting. A cone shaped building built into the surrounding greenery.
14. Gili Lankanfushi in the Maldives: I love the rustic modern island resort feeling of place in the Maldives. It’s not too modern, but still has a polished finish to it. Staying in the Maldives is a dream of mine.
15. Doonbeg Golf Club and Resort in Ireland: Not that I’m a huge golfer. I do enjoy it. The landscape this amazing castle like hotel sits in is dreamy.